Chocolate and hazelnuts are a match made in heaven and just because you’re avoiding sugar and carbs, doesn’t mean you can’t get in on the action. These Keto chocolate hazelnut bars are the perfect marriage of toasty cookie base and rich chocolate hazelnut topping. Plus, they introduce flaky coconut and a creamy coconut sauce, the perfect complement to these classic flavors. Make sure you have someone to share with, because these bars are so good you won’t want to stop after just one.
Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Bars
A flavor-filled toasty bar cookie that adds a coconutty twist to a classic pairing.
- For the base
1 cup (120 g) almond flour
1/4 cup (28 g) flax meal
2 eggs, whisked
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon (2 g) of baking powder
- For the sauce
6 Tablespoons (90 ml) coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut butter, melted
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
1/4 cup (48 g) erythritol
- For the toppings:
6 oz (168 g) 100% dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup (117 g) chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C).
- Combine all the base ingredients in a bowl to form a dough. Roll into a 1/4-inch thin layer and then place into a parchment paper lined square 9 by 9-inch baking tray. Press into the base of the tray to form the base layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until it starts to brown a bit. Let cool.
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Then pour 1/2 of the sauce over the base in the square baking tray. Spread carefully across the base covering it in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle toppings on top and gently press down. Then pour the rest of the sauce over the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into 12 small bars.
- Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
- All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.