Wheaties may be the ‘breakfast of champions’, but crepes are the breakfast of the exquisite. Some breakfast meals are about piling in an abundant amount of food, some that are all about a healthy start to the day, and then there are crepes, the breakfast dessert.
These enjoyable thin pastries are so versatile in how and when they are eaten that this Keto almond flour recipe is a staple in your culinary arsenal. Once you have mastered the techniques necessary to pull off the perfect crepe, your friends and family will be begging you to make them again and again.
Keto Almond Flour Crepes
Keto crepes are perfect when you want sweet or savory
1/4 cup (30 g) almond flour (finely ground)
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil, to grease the frying pan
- Blend together all the ingredients well to form a liquid batter.
- Lightly grease a non-stick frying pan (use a 7-inch pan for small pancakes and a 9-inch for larger pancakes).
- Pour a few tablespoons of the batter into the greased frying pan and swirl the pan gently in a circular fashion to spread the batter around the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until the crepe is slightly browned on the bottom and can be picked up without breaking. Then flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Repeat for the other crepes. Makes around 8-10 thin crepes.
- Net Carbs: 1 g.
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g